Childhood is the most critical time of development in a person’s life. I wanted my child to have a nurturing experience that would enable her to live a fulfilled life. I was looking for an education experience that would help shape her into a person with a positive perspective, enable her to discover her true passions, and have the wisdom to be successful in her pursuits.
While living in Beijing, I happened to enroll my daughter in a school that followed the Montessori pedagogy. It was a wonderful learning environment for her. Young children were respected. Teachers acted as guides who assisted them to become independent, capable and confident individuals. I saw my daughter’s personality blossom. We spoke English at home and at school she learned Mandarin in just a few months. I came to appreciate first hand the enormous potential of the young child to learn by herself, from her surroundings and to acquire languages in this sensitive period for development.
Upon returning to Bangkok in early 2010, I realized that a comparable program was not available locally. I also wanted my daughter to continue learning Mandarin and Thai. As a result, with the support of my mother Khun Tamon Jiratanan and late father Khun Virakiert Jiratanan, we established MABIS.
We started in 2010 as a nursery school. The following year the Thai Ministry of Education licensed us to operate as an International School. In 2013 we commenced the first Montessori Elementary program in Bangkok.
Mission & Vision
“Education should no longer be mostly imparting knowledge, but must take a new path, seeking the release of human potentials.”
Dr. Maria Montessori
Montessori Academy Bangkok is dedicated to the child-centered Montessori philosophy, which fosters academic excellence, personal growth and cultural awareness while nurturing a child’s spirit. We cultivate confident, independent and compassionate human beings by providing the tools and experiences children need to embark on rich, meaningful journeys as responsible citizens of the world.
MABIS supports each child’s love for learning by providing the experiences for children to embark on rich, meaningful journeys to achieve their unique potential and to collaborate towards a better life, a better society and peaceful co-existence in the world.
Our Mission is to:
- Nurture the love of learning through a child-centered learning approach.
- Offer a rich and rewarding learning environment for children which includes a well-rounded Montessori curriculum, didactic materials that engage children in the learning process with effective guidance from trained Montessori and language teachers.
- Support each child’s unique potential by exposing them to a broad curriculum and offering freedom of choice to pursue their interests along with achieving the foundational education standards.
- Offer a high standard of education to develop a broad set of skills enabling children to be active and effective citizens of the world. Develop broad cultural awareness and appreciation. Support fluency in English, Mandarin and Thai languages.
- Support the development of confident, independent, compassionate, and moral individuals to become responsible stewards of their own future and society.
- Cultivate a community that fosters understanding, sharing and caring. Support collaboration for the advancement of the society and respect for a peaceful world.
- Prepare students to succeed in further educational pursuits.